Mature size 1-2' tall and wide
Part shade to full shade, prefers rich but well drained soil
Blooms as soon as late February (March this year in donor's garden) and flowers last through May. Foliage is evergreen forming a low clump and flower stems shoot up above the foliage. Cut back previous year's foliage in early spring to improve look of the plant.
Flowers cut early are long lasting.
Self seeds near the parent plant.
For plant geeks, plant was purchased at from Leo Blanchette's nursery in Carlisle's going out of business sale in 2013.
note to sales team: 1@cc
Hellebore aka Lenten Rose
In the cart you will choose your "shipping" option of either delivery or pick-up.
- Delivery is only available within 5 miles of Natick Center and is free with purchase of $60 or more. If less, the delivery fee is $5. On-line payment is required if you choose delivery.
- If you choose curb-side pick-up, you will receive an email with information for when your plants will be available. The pick-up address is close to Natick Center.
Thank you for supporting the mission of the NGC!
To promote a positive educational environment for sharing gardening, horticultural, and conservation information and to encourage civic planting, beautification, and service in the Natick Community.
The money from this sale will be used to
- pay for the club's monthly educational programs,
- make charitable contributions to horticultural and Natick community programs,
- sponsor scholarships for graduating high school students from Natick, and
- fund community-wide awareness activities.