Formerly Cimicifuga simplex, common name Bugbane
Actaea simplex typically grows to a total height of 3-4’.
Prefers humusy, organically rich, moisture-retentive soils.
Small, numerous, creamy white, strongly fragrant flowers appear in late summer to early fall in long, terminal racemes resembling fluffy spires (typically 1-2’ long) rising above the foliage on upright, wiry stems. Astilbe-like, deeply cut, ternately compound foliage is an attractive deep green.
Actea simplex "Black Negligee"
In the cart you will choose your "shipping" option of either delivery or pick-up.
- Delivery is only available within 5 miles of Natick Center and is free with purchase of $60 or more. If less, the delivery fee is $5. On-line payment is required if you choose delivery.
- If you choose curb-side pick-up, you will receive an email with information for when your plants will be available. The pick-up address is close to Natick Center.
Thank you for supporting the mission of the NGC!
To promote a positive educational environment for sharing gardening, horticultural, and conservation information and to encourage civic planting, beautification, and service in the Natick Community.
The money from this sale will be used to
- pay for the club's monthly educational programs,
- make charitable contributions to horticultural and Natick community programs,
- sponsor scholarships for graduating high school students from Natick, and
- fund community-wide awareness activities.